Kitchen Faucet Leaks

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilyT

Reaction score
Hi there, my Grohe kitchen faucet is leaking under the sink. It looks like model Ladylux Plus 33 737 pull-out spray. The center pipe feels wet, as marked in red color in this diagram below.
CE0B3D3D-43F1-4D81-AE41-B7D768D58DAC.jpeg

Would you help identify which part# might have failed?

Thanks a lot!

A common leak source is part number 6

The hose coupling gets loose where it threads onto the faucet/sprayer head.

Otherwise, there are a handful of other leak possibilities.

I checked that place, part#6 is pretty dry. What are the other possibilities? Thanks!

Pretty dry?

Water runs downhill.

A leak from there will show up down under the sink.

Last edited:
Did you try tightening the hose connection I pointed out?
Or just dismiss it.
Pretty dry means it leaks.
It can be loose, or the gasket/washer that makes the seal can be damaged or missing.

Please keep your mind and options open.

Call Grohe customer service for troubleshooting advice.

They will probably send you free re-build parts for some or all of the likely failure points.

The cartridge could leak, several o rings could leak, the quick connect at the hose end under the sink might leak.

The list goes on, either call a pro or call Grohe and fix one spot at a time, based on their advice and free parts.

Sherlock Holmes would have been a good plumber, or maybe he would have just advised Watson on techniques as he played violin and shot up his cocaine.

The spray hose often springs leaks. Part 8 can also leak. But it would be wise to maybe look and see if you can identify it yourself rather than gust guess parts

Thank you for the input!
I did take apart part#6 and checked, it looks okay, no leaks there.
Part#8 is wet, but the water comes down from the pipe above because the outside of the pipe (the red section in picture) has water.
I guess I have to remove the handle to see if the cartridge has any worn O-rings or plastic parts.

Sometimes the source of the water is just splashing water on the sink deck, which makes its way down the hole for the faucet.

Maybe, or the faucet is loose and splashed water sneaks underneath.

Call Grohe for free expert advice.
They might want you to email a pic of your faucet.

Contacted Grohe, but haven't heard back from them yet. Thanks for your input!

Latest posts

Back