Kingspan Tribune HW issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iain

Reaction score
Kingspan Tribune 150
Ideal Logic 12
Danfoss Controller
HW: On 24/7
CH: Timed / Thermostat

Looking for advice please.

When I bought the house, the Tank was installed incorrectly and we had to have a heating engineer cut a hole in the ceiling and swap and reverse the return pipes to the boiler.

Since then it has generally been ok, but from time to time we have really slow reheat times on the tank. For example after a bath has been run.

I’ve been keeping a closer eye on it as it’s been more noticeable. After the tank is emptied of hot water, it isn’t heating up again until overnight.

It appears there is no demand to the boiler as hot water, and if the house is at temperature the boiler stays on standby and the tank remains cold.

If I boost the heating by an extra few degrees, it kicks back in. (Or overnight when it’s allowed to drop and fires back up in the morning schedule)

I presume this isn’t normal behaviour and I have another installation issue that needs correcting?

Is this a complicated fix? I will be asking a heating engineer to look at it in the new year, but I’m looking for initial thoughts and expectations around effort and cost to correct.

Back