Its not the cartridge..

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave5701

Reaction score
I have a single handle kitchen faucet. I believe it is either a delta or moen. It leaks only when I turn on the water, hot or cold. I got a new cartridge and still does the same thing. I noticed the water comes out of the body part. Where the spout comes back to the cartridge area, the whole body turns at that point, that is where it is leaking. I believe there must be some o rings in there and they are leaking. I took it apart again and pulled out the cartridge and dont see an obvious way to get the "body" off. So how do I do that? I gave it a pull but does not move. I was afraid to pull to hard.

On both Moen or Delta the spouts just pull off after the nut above it is removed. Try working the spout back a fourth while pulling it up. Once removed the O rings can be replaced. Of course turn the water off first.

John

On both Moen or Delta the spouts just pull off after the nut above it is removed. Try working the spout back a fourth while pulling it up. Once removed the O rings can be replaced. Of course turn the water off first.

John
Thanks John, I was hoping it was something simple. I am a DIY guy , but plumbing for some reason is at the bottom of my capabilities list.

Back