Is this wet vent enough for the toilet?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ali

Reaction score
Hi All. I wonder if in this design the wet vent for toilet works, or I need to add a dry vent for it. Could you please help?

Toilet is wet vented. All other fixtures (shower, vanity and the kitchen sink) are drained through the same main 3" pipe, but they have their own 1 1/2" dry vents. Is the venting enough for the toilet?Wet Vent.jpg

Change the kitchen sink drain to 2” keep it 2” all the way to the 3”.

The toilet is not vented.

Whatever it is on the far right is not vented. The vent goes downstream of the ptrap. You have a running trap drawn that’s not vented.

The right fixture is a shower drain. The main drain size is 3". Toilet is wet vented, but I am not sure if the current venting is sufficient.

The right fixture is a shower drain. The main drain size is 3". Toilet is wet vented, but I am not sure if the current venting is sufficient.

The shower is not vented and neither is the toilet.

Not the way you have it drawn. Your vent for the shower is on the wrong side of the trap. So it’s not a vent.....

I think I drew the diagram incorrectly! The shower vent is connected to the drain line after the p-trap.

A toilet requires a 2" vent. You might want to redo the drawing as it looks like the toilet is above the other bath fixtures and wet vents can only be for one bathroom group on the same floor.

Here are the redrawn drawings ... drains from above view and vents in an isometric view.
  • The toilet , shower and vanity all belong to the same bathroom group and are at the same elevation. The main drain line is a 3" line.
  • Shower, vanity and kitchen sink are dry vented. Shower has a 2" vent, kitchen sink and vanity have 1.5" vents joining into a 2" when penetrating the roof.
I wonder if toilet is sufficiently wet vented or not. I'd greatly appreciate the advise. I have talked to a few people and even a master plumber, but it seems most everybody is not comfortable with the wet vent and/or have not been able to advise on this. Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• Drains.jpg
    Drains.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
  • Vents.jpg
    Vents.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
Not sure what code you’re under, I’m under UPC and toilets have to be vented within 6’ and nothing else can tie in before its vented. If you make the shower drain 3” up to its vent and bring the vent within 6’ to the toilet it may work for a wet vent in some jurisdictions, but not where I’m at. Also the way you have the shower trapped is a running trap and not legal. The shower tailpiece needs to fall directly into the trap. I tried to draw you a diagram with a toilet vent added.

Attachments

• 84D4BC0C-2EAC-4EDB-A8C5-0F18BF0E208E.jpeg
    84D4BC0C-2EAC-4EDB-A8C5-0F18BF0E208E.jpeg
    553 KB · Views: 5
Thanks a lot GReynolds 929. I very much appreciate your feedback! : )

Back