Is this PEX installation adequate?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbob

Reaction score
This is new construction with Uponor AquaPEX. Most bends have a metal elbow but in these locations, the plumber elected to skip the elbow. I'm concerned that the fitting may be stressed because pipe comes out at a slight angle. Is this acceptable?

By the way, in the first photo, it's hard to see what's going on with pipe coming out of the slab. They may be transitioning from CPVC to PEX. Do you see anything concerning here other than uglyness? :)

Thank you for your thoughts.
1637275504592.png

1637275575242.png

That Delta tub and shower valve is roughed in too deep in the wall.

The front edge of the black plastic guide should be the face of the finished wall material.

Thank you for the tip. I didn't realize that. I'll mention that to the plumber.

Anything else?

Separate question: Do you know why there is a yellow pipe and chain coming out of the toilet drain flange?
Thank you again for the comments.
1637345238793.png

Looks like either the plumber missed the toilet rough in or the wall wasn’t placed in the correct location

I’d want that offset flange removed and the concrete broken out and the pipe properly positioned. The flange would not be installed until after the finished floor is installed.

It looks like they've already done a lot of damage just placing the offset flange. Wouldn't they have to remove a lot more concrete to get to the drain pipe and insert a properly located L? There's no way that this builder is going to agree to do this. But this looks like the lowest-priced offset flange with the steepest shelf. Is that what needs fixing?

Latest posts

Back