Is there a true oil rubbed brass garbage disposal flange?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a customer who wants a new oil rubbed brass garbage disposal flange because the one she currently has the finish wore off. I have found a handful on google and the internet but under every review for each one says the same thing. The finish wears off within a few months or a year max. If anyone knows of one that will actually last or is there any kind of a protectant I can put on one that I buy. I appreciate the help.

No finish is going to stand up for very long except chrome or stainless.

Kohler makes one. It’s probably not much better if any better than the rest.

Is there any kind of of a protectant or clear coat I can put on it? Are you aware of anything like that?
I doubt it would stay on there. I guess you could spray a coating of some sort. Clear coat……I doubt it woustay.

I’ve never seen one that was used on a regular basis that didn’t look like crap. It’s more for looks than real use.

Ok sounds good. I appreciate you getting back to me so fast. I think I will go with the Koehler and try it out. The reviews said it lasted a year before it started chipping away at the finish.

Just tell her the whole story before you buy the new part. If she doesn't change her mind, it's on her. Who needs callbacks..??

Then again, you could suggest that you'll call in a year to set up an appointment to replace that flange.

"We can't keep meeting like this!"

Back