Interesting Water Flow Problem

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloudbrk

Reaction score
Hello all...I am new to the forum...hoping someone can shed some light on a problem I am having.

I had a leaky toilet so I narrowed down tbe leak to the wax seal. Replaced the wax seal and reinstalled the toilet. Turned the water back on but no water would come into the toilet. I figured that the valve at the copper pipe had gone bad so I repaced the valve. Turned the water back on at the street but still no water. Replaced the hose...still no water at toilet.

Went back to the street and discovered that when I turn the valve at the street part of the way on I get some water. Super low pressure at toilet and everywhere else though.

Is there an air bubble maybe? Do I need to "burp" the system? If so....how do I do this?

Any other ideas?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

when I turn the valve at the street part of the way on I get some water. Super low pressure at toilet and everywhere else though.

Silly question, but did you try turning the valve open all they way. do you have a pressure reducing valve where the line comes into the house? and no you shouldn't have to burp anything.

Pressure and volume are 2 different aspect of water flow.

The valve at the toilet is definitely open all the way.

When I turn the valve all the way on at the street, all of the faucets in the house work except for the water supply to the toilet I am working on. When I turn it about halfway, the toilet starts working (at low pressure) and the rest of the faucets reduce water flow volume and pressure.

It is baffling me.

Back