Inline Booster pump won't cycle off

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoganjmn

Reaction score
I have brand new pressure regulated inline booster pump. It's connected with 1/2 pvc. The run is about 40ft where it feeds 4 Evap coolers via 1/4in copper lines. The pump will not cycle off. Every 30 seconds or so it clicks like it's still trying to maintain pressure. If left unattended it over flows the Evap cooler resivor. I have adjusted the floats. I have backed off the pressure switch setting. Would a back flow valve help? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

The pump is plugged into 110v. There is a pressure switch inside the pump that is suppose to hold a designated pressure. Not sure if I understand your question.

Obviously your pressure switch isn't seeing the pressure needed to cycle it off. If the water is running constantly, all your doing is increasing the pressure somewhat but not enough to allow the pump to turn off.

I'm somewhat puzzled with the 1/4" and 1/2" plumbing. I know sure flow isn't a large pump, but 1/4"?

Seems to me you should focus your attention on the float valves in the water coolers. If they were working properly, the reservoirs would not overflow. I'm guessing they have sand embedded that is not allowing the floats to do their job.

Back