How to turn my aerobic system into a stink bomb?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMayo

Reaction score
Apologies for the offbeat question but some time back, the hose that runs from my air pump into my first aerobic septic tank became crimped and it took me quite a while (like a few weeks) to notice. Once the air started flowing again, the system stank to high heaven for at least a few hundred feet around the tank.

Fast-forward to 2022 and my new neighbors decide to invite over a few dozen people and have a very noisy party in the front yard featuring loud, loud music, 50 feet from my bedroom window. I don't want to go to war with these guys, but I'd like to spoil their fun the next time they set up the bounce house and my once-stinky septic system came to mind.

Seems like I have all the necessary raw materials; an air pump and a big tank of stinky human waste... is there any way I could generate a heavy funk on demand?

Note to self:

Stay away from Texas next time I want to get my groove on!

All funnin' aside, as a retired police officer, if that stink bomb was ever tracked back to you, you would be subject to arrest for emitting an odorous, noxious substance to the victims. If one was to throw up, could you imagine the lawsuits for these caustic chemicals being pushed towards the innocent victims (speaking as if i was their lawyer).

Just call the cops, tell them you want to remain anonymous.

Last edited:
Note to self:

Stay away from Texas next time I want to get my groove on!

All funnin' aside, as a retired police officer, if that stink bomb was ever tracked back to you, you would be subject to arrest for emitting an odorous, noxious substance to the victims. If one was to throw up, could you imagine the lawsuits for these caustic chemicals being pushed towards the innocent victims (speaking as if i was their lawyer).

Just call the cops, tell them you want to remain anonymous.

Well hell, I guess I outed myself pretty thoroughly here... still trying to figure out how my username got set like it is (and whether I can change it); I'm usually a little more discreet. Ah well... I'm outside the city limits so there are no noise ordinances in place so no point calling the cops, but on the other hand, I've reported a frequent stink in the area twice and they've told me that there pretty much has to be sewage on the ground before they act, and my system would still be up to code... how do I know where that smell came from? I also doubt that these particular people would be interested in making a court appearance in the U.S., but still... bad idea all around, I suppose...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back