How to test this DWV stack?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markcool

Reaction score
Riddle me this Batmen; How do I pressure test this DWV stack?

There's a photo in this post: How to pressure test DWV stack?

My quandary is that the cast is tied in to the new PVC stack. I can fill the system to the level where the cast system ties in, but from there, water drains down through the cast and into the main drain.

There is a toilet connected on the first floor, so if I plug the main drain downstream of where the PVC stack ties in, the toilet will overflow when I fill the system, won't it?

I can think of any other way to fill that cast section without cutting into it.

Any ideas on how to test this one?

Thank you,

Mark

Mark, you have to disconnect the new vents from the old and plug the PVC at that point. I also noticed that you didn't invert the sanitary tee's on your vent piping.

John

Always purchase test-t's and glue them in right before the point that your new piping meets the old. Then you have to install a test plug at each location to isolate your new piping. After the inspection remove your plugs for the next job and put the caps back on the T's. These are the ones that I prefer now Mechanical Cleanout Test Plugs | IPS Corporation

Latest posts

Back