How to stop flow from refrigerator water supply

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VD26

Reaction score
Hi, I called a company to pick up my old refrigerator which had gone bad. They accidentally cut the water pipe (white plastic pipe in the image) which goes into the refrigerator’s water dispenser. That caused flooding and I had to shut the water supply of the whole house. I searched all the lines but Looks like this supply does not have a stop valve anywhere in the house.

Requesting forum members to please help me by proposing an idea of how to stop the water supply? Is it possible to put some kind of a stop valve on top of the hex nut to stop the supply?

I have attached an image for reference.

I have been without water in the house for 6 hours now.

Attachments

• 79B4790F-2191-4816-898C-739A376FF3E3.jpeg
    79B4790F-2191-4816-898C-739A376FF3E3.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Pinch the copper and folded over pinch it again should do the trick

Pinch the copper and folded over pinch it again should do the trick
Hi David, thx for d reply. I would like the supply to go into my new refrigerator in the future. With this solution I guess I will have to cut the pinched area when my new refrigerator arrives. Right ?

Trace the tubing to the very end and see if there is a valve at that spot. You can buy that whole ice maker
kit and it has everything in the bag that you need including a valve.

There is a shutoff for it somewhere. Wherever that line goes, I guarantee it’s not just hard piped into your water system with no stop.

Start by looking under any nearby sink. Then check the basement or crawl space, whatever is beneath it. Happy hunting.

Back