How to replace this supply hose?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

falcon10275

Reaction score
I replaced my kitchen facuet this weekend, but new facucets come with hoses already built in. Under my sink, the supply hose seems to be permantly attached to shut off valve? Has anyone seen a hose/vavle combination like this before? I have 2 female connectors now. I ended up getting adatpers, but I had tried unscrewing this hose with no success and I must have loosened it because now it drips. Do I have to replace the entire vavle now? any ideas or suggestions?

u3ACosR.jpg

That's a strange looking valve to me....How is the valve itself connected to the water line behind what I assume is the counter? Threaded? Is it 1/2"? If so, I would suggest shutting off the water before that valve, whether it be by another valve or by shutting off the supply to the entire house, then replace it with a normal angle stop valve.

Angle%20stop.jpg

That is an Accor stop and supply. They were all the rage 10 or 15 years ago. I looked at them and said "Cheap junk". Boss looked at me and said "Put it in".

That particular one looks like problems, as it is jammed up against the wall. See if you can pull it away from the wall. If you can, you can cut the pipe off just behind the valve and put a new valve on. If not, you will need to split the valve off of the pipe. That can get a little tricky.

That is an Accor stop and supply. They were all the rage 10 or 15 years ago. I looked at them and said "Cheap junk". Boss looked at me and said "Put it in".

That particular one looks like problems, as it is jammed up against the wall. See if you can pull it away from the wall. If you can, you can cut the pipe off just behind the valve and put a new valve on. If not, you will need to split the valve off of the pipe. That can get a little tricky.

Guess I'm too young to know those valves lol

Very popular in new construction in my neck of the woods even to this day. PIA for service and I always change them out for standard 1/4 turn valves when I can. For the DIYers a 1/2 mpt x 3/8" male compression adaptor is an easy adaptation for new faucets. As OP found out, once you try to remove the permanent crimp connection at the valve, the joint leaks and is not repairable. On the bright side, the manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty on the valve/supply hose assembly so if you want to replace with the same set-up contact them. I would not replace with same, I would follow phishfood's advice.

Thanks for all the help guys. My house was built in 2003 in Orlando, guess the builders were still using these silly things. I took the advice of using the male adapters and have the new faucet connected. I temporarily stopped the leak from the crimped hose with that flex seal spray. I'm going to have a professional come out and replace the valve with a standard 1/4 turn one like you guys suggest. Hopefully it won't be too expensive.

I have never seen one around here. Do they just push onto the pipe like a shark bite?

Back