How to replace laundry tub faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hdick

Reaction score
Attache is photo of a laundry faucet that I would like to replace but not sure how to take it apart

Attachments

• 25F7DC9C-063D-47AC-9082-F8EBAD51671B.jpeg
    25F7DC9C-063D-47AC-9082-F8EBAD51671B.jpeg
    963.8 KB · Views: 19
Yours looks to have been soldered on.

You can cut it off, and install a new one with Sharkbite adapters or similar push to connect type fittings.

How you do it depends on what type of new faucet you want.

Some are fed from the top like your old one, many others are fed from below, normally by flexible braided supply hoses.

That is a soldered utility tub faucet. (Just a fact. :rolleyes: )
If the tub is tight to the wall it would probably be easer to replace it with the same type. If you have any experience soldering pipes it's easy. Cut the pipes about a12" above the faucet, get a couple feet of new pipe, and connector,if needed, and you can do everything (except solder connections where cut) away from the wall. You could get sharkbite connectors for those, if you have a little bit of room to move the pipes.
NOTE : If you get a faucet that needs to be soldered, remove the valves before heating, so you don't damage the plastic or rubber parts.

House Doc, my vision currently is poor due to an illness, no need for the snark.

Hope you get well soon, Jeff.

But, I think the solution here is just what you and Doc ordered (I couldn't resist).

Back