How to remove sink faucet handle

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPReed

Reaction score
I'm attempting to replace my bathroom faucet but can't figure out how to remove the handles, particularly how to separate the handle on the top from the bottom portion below the sink. All suggestions are appreciated.

Attachments

• 20221015_080944.jpg
    20221015_080944.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221015_081000.jpg
    20221015_081000.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Look for a small hole innthe handle and in that hole will be a very small Allen screw. 3/32 is a common size but could be smaller.

Loosen screw and pull up.

Once the handle is off you can remove the rest of the mounting hardware and the valve will drop out of the bottom of the lavatory.

If there’s no screw hole, grab the lever with one hand and hold. With your other hand turn the lower part of the handle ( the shroud ) counterclockwise.

Look for a small hole innthe handle and in that hole will be a very small Allen screw. 3/32 is a common size but could be smaller.

Loosen screw and pull up.

Once the handle is off you can remove the rest of the mounting hardware and the valve will drop out of the bottom of the lavatory.
where would you buy the allen set screws? the knob on this one won't stay put without it. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_9174.JPG
    IMG_9174.JPG
    757 KB · Views: 0
where would you buy the allen set screws? the knob on this one won't stay put without it. Thank you!
Blowing up your picture, you can see the threaded hole for the set screw (allen type), but it looks like the allen sey screw is missing. As said above, take the entire handle to any competent hardware store and they should be able to provide a new set screw and matching allen set screw.

Blowing up your picture, you can see the threaded hole for the set screw (allen type), but it looks like the allen sey screw is missing. As said above, take the entire handle to any competent hardware store and they should be able to provide a new set screw and matching allen set screw.
Yes I see the threaded hole. I'll take it to Ace hardware. Thanks so much!

I think you have the same handle as this guy on Youtube

Remove Handles & Fix Your Dripping Bathroom Faucet​

Latest posts

Back