How to remove Single handle bath tub faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pk14

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for help to figure out how to remove the Moen bath tub single handle. It does not have a set screw, I tried with sleeve and handle puller tool but that didnot work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
Thanks a lot for your reply,I checked again but could not find the set screw. The model that I have has a front handle ( See attached picture ) then I removed the screw to remove the handle but cannot remove the rest , I uploaded the video of the fixture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 65972528608__1C66D7BC-1A91-4862-94B4-D3782041270E.MOV
    1.8 MB
I have a similar, with no set screw. Once the Phillips screw in the center of the cap is removed, the handle will just pull away.

Rock it hard back and forth. If it breaks then it breaks.

I was wrong on the handle, it looked like a Monticello handle to me until you posted the pic of the lever.

Thanks a lot for your replies. This is an 12 year old and probably needs cutoff as lever and handle puller did not help

Usually the stem breaks if it doesn’t come off by rocking it back and forth. It’s a hollow brass tube and it’s not very thick.

Just have all the parts before you start.

Latest posts

Back