How to remove an Ann Sacks shower cartridge?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetkidddo

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get the cartridge out from an Ann Sacks One shower? I removed all the trims but then couldn't figure out how to get to the cartridge. The outer copper ring on the front can be turned but it appears to just go in circles and doesn't screw out. I'm really at a loss and would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Kathy.

This is what the valve looks like after the trim is removed:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_kw6AN1uqJhc/TO8SOrhsSAI/AAAAAAAAFyI/HS-9ToM0O5U/s800/IMG_4776.JPG

IMG_4776.jpg

I am not familiar with this brand of valve.

However, it looks as though there is a threaded junction just back of the EF D09 tag. It looks as though you have tried pliers already, from the marks on the raised ring? Also, look inside of the ring on the front and see if there is a snap ring in there.

Hrm, never heard of the brand (I know them as a tile supplier from when I lived in DC, oddly enough) but it look as if the cartridge should unthread to the right of where the "EF D09" tag is in your picture.

FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg

Last edited:
Really appreciate the help!! I couldn't turn it with my wrenches. Will buy a bigger wrench and try again.

The valve is not able to keep temperature constant. I'm hoping I can take out the cartridge and just clean it. Hopefully I don't destroy the cartridge.

I'd recommend going to your local hardware store and pick up a can of "PB Blaster" and give that fitting a liberal spray, and let it sit for an hour or two. The can is similar to a can of WD-40, but has fantastic abilities to loosen fittings. There is not a jeep owner who doesn't have a can of this close to them.

Apparently Ann Sacks uses the Kohler 78913 cartridge. I now finally have hot water again after I replacing the cartridge! Thanks everyone for their help!

I so infrequently have to replace kohler parts I guess i had forgotten what they looked like. Glad to hear that everything is working again!

Latest posts

Back