How to drain a washer and laundry tub

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerbill

Reaction score
Taking on a basement finishing project. The main drain does not enter the basement floor but exits the block wall 18” above the floor. The washer and laundry tub are located to the left of the drain and a full bathroom is built on a 24” platform located to the right. The upstairs drains enter the basement on the opposite wall, run across the basement ceiling and down into the main drain. The full bath will be rebuilt on the floor using an upflush toilet to handle the plumbing. Homeowner wants to locate the laundry area to a part of the basement about 40’ from the main drain, which would be right next to an existing sump pump that drains into the back yard under a deck. Not sure the best way to handle draining the washer and laundry tub. I don’t want to dump into the existing sump because I don’t want the additional water under the deck. I am 15’ from the upstairs drain that goes across the ceiling then down into the main drain. Can I dump into the sump and have it tie into the main drain in the basement ceiling instead of dumping outside? Always thought you were not supposed to drain a sump into the main drain. Any thoughts or suggestions? Not looking to cut corners, just want to do it right. Thanks all.

Latest posts

Back