How much access is needed for Hydrojetting?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSG

Reaction score
We're selling a property and the buyer is requesting we hydrojet the mainline to clean out any debris. There isn't any clogging but there's evidence of build-up from years of use (found in camera inspection).

We agreed to do this for the buyers but upon calling their plumbers to schedule, I was told they need to install a new 2-way clean for $1,200 in order to hydrojet. :eek: Our current clean-out is only 2" and they're claiming they need at least a 4" clean-out to do the hydrojetting.

Does this sound correct? If so, is there any alternative to hydrojetting?

A $695 hydrojetting was agreeable but not a $1,200 clean-out on top of that... :confused:

Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

If you have a 4" sewer main, it's code that you have a 4" clean out anyway. Somebody screwed the pooch on that one.

I'm not aware of any jetters that will go through 2". Mine will go through 3", but fights through fittings. 4" really is ideal.

If you use one that will comfortably go through 2", I wouldn't put much faith in it for cleaning a 4" pipe.

You'll need somewhere for the debris to go so I usually dig up the co and collect it there. You don't want to go plugging any municipality mains

Reactions: TSG
If you have a 4" sewer main, it's code that you have a 4" clean out anyway. Somebody screwed the pooch on that one.

I'm not aware of any jetters that will go through 2". Mine will go through 3", but fights through fittings. 4" really is ideal.

If you use one that will comfortably go through 2", I wouldn't put much faith in it for cleaning a 4" pipe.

correct information

Reactions: TSG
Thank you for the input. I really appreciate it.

Back to buyer negotiations I go...

Back