How do you remove a Wickes Phoenix Soft Close toilet seat?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackthepippa

Reaction score
Hi There,
I’ve just joined and was hoping for some help regarding a newly installed Wickes Phoenix loo.
The plumber hasn’t left instructions or maybe there weren’t any but I need to move the seat forward but there is no obvious quick release button.
Here is a photo. I’d be most grateful if someone could advise on this. Thank you 🙏🏻
9ED7035D-586E-46C2-B815-1200B30C6145.jpeg

Is there a nut under the rim of the toilet holding it down. Take a picture of it straight down with the seat down

I had to tighten the toilet seat on a similar toilet last week and discovered the little upright pin is knurled to allow a small needle nose plier to twist it, clockwise to tighten, counterclockwise to loosen it. I don't believe there is much forward to backward movement offered.

The should be a button on the end of the hinge that when pressed releases the seat. Usually on the left side when facing the toilet.

I have seen some that with the seat up you push down on the seat and it releases that way. Other than that I have no clue.
Finally sussed it. There is no quick release mechanism. You literally have to use brute force to wiggle and pull it upwards and off. But worse than that, there is no further adjustment to move it forward as per their advert! When the cover is up, porcelain still protrudes beyond the seat. The seat is too short!
So ultimately, I need to buy a replacement that is properly sized and designed for the pan shape. What a disappointment for a £205 loo 😞 But thanks to all that helped to advise me as sadly Wickes haven’t l!

Hello!

I have one of these too.
As you’ve sussed so far, you remove the seat by opening it and then pulling directly up.

Then you can pry the chrome plates off using a thin flat-head screwdriver. The plates sit over a plastic piece that is what is screwed to the toilet.

Once your pried those off, you can get to the screws that adjust the position.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back