How do I remove this hose bib and pipe from wall?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fusion916

Reaction score
Hi all,

I don't really know anything about plumbing but I'm very much a DIY guy and looking to learn.

I have attached a few pictures of the hose bib and piping I want to remove, but have no idea how. It looks like there is either 1 and 1/2 inch or 2 inch piping coming out to the front yard from the basement, then there is a screw on adapter (it seems) to connect to the hose bib and the irrigation piping below.

How do I remove all of this? I want replace everything all the way up to where the pipe comes into the basement. My plan is to use a newer ball bearing brass hose bib and to run 1 inch rigid pipe to the irrigation system with a brass shut off valve.

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

I would cut the short section of pipe between the tee and the reducer with a sawzall or handgrinder. Then have someone in the basement backing up the pipe through the wall with a pipe wrench, and remove the tee with another pipe wrench.

Yes that was my plan of attack today. I successfully cut the small vertical pipe with a saw, but could not get anything else loose. I see threads on the pieces but on the threads I can't sell if it's solder or just paint. I tried burning the paint/solder off with a blow torch with no luck. I can't get any of this to twist off. I'm using a plumbing wrench. Any suggestions?

They're might be chauling in the hole that must be removed in order to get it loose. You live in sacramento? I think I'm the only plumber here that lives in sac so if you'd like help please call private message me and we'll talj

They're might be chauling in the hole that must be removed in order to get it loose. You live in sacramento? I think I'm the only plumber here that lives in sac so if you'd like help please call private message me and we'll talj

Yup, cool to meet another sac person on here. I just sent you a PM.

Back