Hot water issues in Shower and shower Faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irainesan

Reaction score
Hi,

I am in a townhome with 2.5 bathrooms. The guest bathroom and master bathroom share a common wall.
Hot water works fine in guest bathroom, but in the master bed room bath room, Hotwater works fine in sink faucet, but not in shower or shower faucet. The water is not chilling cold, but not warm either. Is there anything that I can check myself before calling a plumber? I don't know if there exists any specific controls to the shower/shower faucet.
I am a new home owner and I have no clue on what to check or where to check before.
I would immensely appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

A first guess would be that the cartridge in your shower valve needs to be changed.

Can you see a name brand on the shower valve? Moen, Delta, Kohler, American Standard, Price Pfister, Symmons, etc?

A first guess would be that the cartridge in your shower valve needs to be changed.

Can you see a name brand on the shower valve? Moen, Delta, Kohler, American Standard, Price Pfister, Symmons, etc?
Thank you for your response and how do I reach to the shower valve? I have never done that before

It is also possible that your shower has a temperature control limiter built in and that the previous owners had it set quite low.

To access your cartridge, you must first remove the handle. (is this a one or a two handle system?). There will either be a cap on the front of the handle that hides a screw or, in the case of a lever handle, an allen screw under the handle. After removing the handle you should be able to see the cartridge, but without more info on the shower I can't tell you specifically how to remove it.

Latest posts

Back