hot water in master bath

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juice916

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, i'm new to this forum. We just purchased a new home, had it for about 3 months now. We are noticing that we are not getting enough hot water in our master bath. We mentioned this to the builder and they just said its due to the distance. Our kids shower is fine, its on the 2nd floor but in the middle of the house and the hot water is great. The water heater is on the 1st floor on the left back side of the house. Our master bath is on the opposite side on the 2nd floor. I have brought the temperture up a couple of degrees and its improved a little, not where I want it to be. I don't want to keep raising it and take the chance of my kids getting burned cause theirs is too hot.

We have a GE water model GEH50DEEJSCA. I attached a picture of the control panel. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

IMG_7939.jpg

About how many feet from your kid's bathroom is your bathroom? Do you know where the supply piping is ran?

from door to door, around 10ft -15ft. I can measure later.
sorry, can you explain what the supply piping is?

i noticed this morning that the two sinks in our master bath both have better hot water than the shower. the other thing i noticed that the lever to turn on the water starts off at 3 o'clock and to turn it all the way to the hot side, it only goes to 12 o'clock but the "hot" is shown on at 9 o'clock. Could that be installed incorrectly?

The supply piping is the pipe that brings the water to the fixtures, ie, the shower, the sinks, the toilets.

The 10-15 feet of distance shouldn't make a notable difference in available temperature, I wouldn't think.

From what you have revealed in your latest post, I would be suspicious the temperature limiter adjustment in your shower valve is incorrectly adjusted.

Latest posts

Back