horizontal vent

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bestoperator1

Reaction score
Hey guys,Have a question .I'm completely remodeling a small bathroom. 4.5 ft by 8 ft long. Small space. After gutting everything I'm going to have to make some changes to the main vent. My house was built in 1952 It has a raised foundation so all my plumbing is completely accessible. The bathroom prior to my ownership already been remodeled and now has newer black ABS Vent going straight up that they spliced into the original cast pipe. I need to remove the vent for the shower.Eliminate the 3 in to 2 in 45 deg tee that it was hooked to and raise the vent for the shower vertical to a height of 7 feet and then come HORIZONTAL 4 feet and tie back in to the main vent. Were installing a huge recessed medicine cabinet and the original vent is in the way. Is this OK???

I need to remove the vent for the shower.Eliminate the 3 in to 2 in 45 deg tee that it was hooked to and

raise the vent for the shower vertical to a height of 7 feet and then come HORIZONTAL 4 feet and tie back in to the main vent.

??????????????

are you removing a vent or rerouting a vent?

I need to remove the vent for the shower.Eliminate the 3 in to 2 in 45 deg tee that it was hooked to and

raise the vent for the shower vertical to a height of 7 feet and then come HORIZONTAL 4 feet and tie back in to the main vent.

??????????????

are you removing a vent or rerouting a vent?
Just rerouting to the main vent but out of the wall space where is was located to accommodate room for the medicine cabinet but pipe is going to be horizontal back to the main vent which is vertical right up through my roof

if this is what you are doing, not a thing wrong with it

just make sure you do not offset the vent until it is 6'' above the shower floor of lip of tub

View attachment 20634
Frodo thanks for getting right back to me. And yes this is what I'm doing but with only 1 horizontal but it will be 7 ft above the shower pan. Noticed in your drawing your horizontals weren't quite plumb. Is this necessary or can it be level

Latest posts

Back