Hissing & Pulsing Toilet Korky Anti Siphon

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesshayden

Reaction score
This silver part is spraying water while the water fills up in inclement pulses. The tank does eventually fill and stop but the noise is annoying and clearly something is amiss. Any tips are greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• 2B8094D6-3AB1-4A6D-BCFD-DBE38616652B.jpeg
    2B8094D6-3AB1-4A6D-BCFD-DBE38616652B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
There is a seal inside the valve that can be replaced.

I don’t recommend that. Replace the entire valve.,

Yeah some toto toilets require the high flow rate on the refill and fluidmasters won’t work because of the side flush handle on the tanks.

ToTo originally used the korkys but they were blue colored, not silver.

So I’m hesitant to tell someone to use a different type without asking a lot of questions about the toilet.

I think that the pressure is surging as the valve try’s to close, and causing a hammer. So, you don’t get a smooth closing, because the pressure is surging. Try replacing the valve, but you might want to install a hammer arrestor on the feed to teh toilet. Sioux Chief used to make one that screwed on after the stop, and then the feed hose connects to it.

I think that the pressure is surging as the valve try’s to close, and causing a hammer. So, you don’t get a smooth closing, because the pressure is surging. Try replacing the valve, but you might want to install a hammer arrestor on the feed to teh toilet. Sioux Chief used to make one that screwed on after the stop, and then the feed hose connects to it.

It’s common for these Valves to pulse just like the op is describing when the diaphragm is worn.

Latest posts

Back