Hi from Willis, TX

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rficalora

Reaction score
Hi all, Willis is about an hour north of Houston. I'm recently retired and what they say about being busier after retirement is true. I used to be on the road about 3-1/2 weeks of every month so I'm now catching up on years of chores and maintenance on the house. When I'm not doing that, I'm helping a son build a hot rod and am active in a few Christian ministries. I'm also into woodworking and fishing but haven't had time for those yet!

It's an MGB. We're putting a Ford 302 (5.0L) V8, T5 5-speed, and a narrowed C4 Vette rear end in it. Lots of custom body and interior changes planned too. Doing all work including paint ourselves. Not your typical hot rod, but a cool, fun to drive car. He helped me build the one I did for myself when he was little. He learned to weld at about 10 or 12 years old. His will be similar to mine (pictured) but he has some differences planned too.

DSC_0352 - Copy (Medium) (1).JPG

Welcome to the forum. My dad had a 1960 MGB and my biggest regret was not building him another one before he passed. good luck and feel free to post pics!

His car isn't pretty yet, but the motor is in and we fired it up on Jan 2nd. Just needs clutch and brakes bled and he'll be able to take it on the 1st drive. The car is in my shop but he lives about 3 hours away and works a LOT. So, we don't get to work on it often.

Here are 2 short video clips - the 1st start (which was surprisingly anticlimactic since it just fired right up):

And, then the 3rd start - after we figured out the timing was slipping because the bolt we used to lock down the distributor was about 3/16" too long. It was bottoming out before locking down the dizzy! Motor was smooth revving after we fixed that:

Back to plumbing, any thoughts on why Im having this issue and how I should go about diagnosing? https://www.plumbingforums.com/threads/lukewarm-water-from-only-one-faucet.20854/

It's an MGB. We're putting a Ford 302 (5.0L) V8, T5 5-speed, and a narrowed C4 Vette rear end in it. Lots of custom body and interior changes planned too. Doing all work including paint ourselves. Not your typical hot rod, but a cool, fun to drive car. He helped me build the one I did for myself when he was little. He learned to weld at about 10 or 12 years old. His will be similar to mine (pictured) but he has some differences planned too.

View attachment 33977
Very nice and why Ford and not a Chevrolet 427 c.i.?

Very nice and why Ford and not a Chevrolet 427 c.i.?

Weight. 427, even with aluminum heads is about 625lbs fully dressed. Ford 302 w/aluminum heads is about 400lbs. On a 2400 lb car, that extra 200 lbs hanging out front really affects handling. A group I'm a member of did build an MGB-GT with a 455 Buick. It's not great on twisty roads or autocross, but it is a blast to drive!Roadmaster.jpg

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and interest in our car projects. Anyone have any suggestions on the lack of hot water on one faucet problem I'm having? Link to the thread is near the bottom of post #6 above in this thread.

Back