Herb's Bathroom Project

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porkweez

Reaction score
Hi gang; newbie here. We've gutted a bathroom in order to move the commode and create a tiled shower. Since it's on slab, we've been busting concrete for weeks. Now I'm ready to re-pipe, so I'm looking for sage advice. Below is a photo. In yellow are proposed new shower and commode targets. Is this do-able, or should I modify the approach? Note: I'd prefer to stay within the excavated area if possible, else more floor tile and concrete would have to come up, and ultimately be refilled.
The difficulty is most of what you see in the trench is fitting against fitting, so there's no great place to cut and connect to. The place where the proposed commode line (yellow) connects is the only exposed pipe, that's why I chose that spot to cut and insert a T or Y. Also, I'll cut the vent on the left, then assemble pieces together as needed. I think the 90 degree bend to the commode may be a challenge. Maybe I can make 2 45's fit, but maybe not.

bathroomplan.JPG

Back