Help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in San Jose California . I have the code book and training Manuel . I'm going to start studying more . I really want to become a master plumber

I don't know I never heard of the apprentice program . I will google it right now . I I thought apprentice programs were from the union only

i think iapmo has an online program

do the research, find out how much for the program.

then do like i did. walk into your boss office. tell him flat out, you either pay for my training, or i go to another company that will

if your a good worker and a money maker. he will, if your not. he might call your bluff

myself, after 6mths total in plumbing. i was running a top out truck, doing 1- 2 bath house with fiberglass units, 3 gas openings
completed ready for inspection a day. 2 guys.
i would lay out the gas, get measurements. while he set up. he would do the gas and all the backing
i do vents and water, set tubs.
he could not afford to let me go, that was back in the day, cant run and gun like that any more

I was fortunate (sort of ) to have worked for a guy who cared very much about the product and job, rather than the just show me the money attitude.
Still in business after 33 yrs and still kickin'.

If you're working for someone that doesn't care, it's hard to learn how to do it right.
So ExtraM comes here to learn from a few that do. Not to get scolded.

But Frodo's right, if you don't know how to do it right don't do it.
Especially if it's gas or vent related. That can kill someone if not done right.

I'm not an expert or a master plumber but I do have a lot of knowledge about a lot of things.

For example : If you pull my finger a noise comes out of my Butt.

Latest posts

Back