help with flush valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolfans

Reaction score
I replaced the flush valve(just the part that floats and the 2 chains). It will not fill up unless i push the floater down- it is too high and hits the lid of toilet. I know i need to adjust it and will.The pipe that the hose goes into can cut a little off of the top? If not what can i do? The water fills up really high and looks more on the 1 side. thanks

Yes, if you purchased a universal "tube", then it may need to be trimmed to the correct maximum level your toilet tank recommends, which is usually indicated with a mark on the inside of the tank.

What concerns me is: It will not fill up unless i push the floater down- and this: looks more on the 1 side.

I would hate to provide incorrect information if you are referring to one part, and I am referring to another part, so if at all possible, a picture of the inside of the toilet tank would help us all.

What i mean about it is higher on 1 side(looks) is the water. Sorry i did not make myself clear

Back