Help needed to identify faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad.smith3485

Reaction score
Wanted to do a bit of research concerning parts availability before attempting to disassemble this faucet. There are no markings and Google image search was unable to help. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20220215_102938.jpg
    20220215_102938.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 24
Kohler price pfister made spouts similar in the 80’s.

I think Delta even made one similar. It’s not Delta.

I don’t think it’s Price pfister

it may be Kohler or a company like Rohl that’s copied the style.

What’s parts do you need ? The cartridge is likely a generic ceramic stem.

Kohler price pfister made spouts similar in the 80’s.

I think Delta even made one similar. It’s not Delta.

I don’t think it’s Price pfister

it may be Kohler or a company like Rohl that’s copied the style.

What’s parts do you need ? The cartridge is likely a generic ceramic stem.
They're having pressure issues, most likely debris in the stem. Just wanted to get an idea of parts availability before I attempted to take this apart. I thought Kohler as well upon quick inspection, or even Brizo, just haven't been able to lock down a confirmation

They're having pressure issues, most likely debris in the stem. Just wanted to get an idea of parts availability before I attempted to take this apart. I thought Kohler as well upon quick inspection, or even Brizo, just haven't been able to lock down a confirmation
And yes, I checked the aerator lol.

I don’t think it’s Brizo.

With the aerator off the flow volume should increase when you run both hot and cold water versus just running either hot or cold.

If flow volume doesn’t change ( it’s low no matter what ) then the obstruction is in the tee under the spout or in the spout. Most likely 😐

Remove the handles and take a stem out and I might could readily identify. Or take pics of the underneath showing the rough parts.

I don’t think it’s Brizo.

With the aerator off the flow volume should increase when you run both hot and cold water versus just running either hot or cold.

If flow volume doesn’t change ( it’s low no matter what ) then the obstruction is in the tee under the spout or in the spout. Most likely 😐
Strictly cold side. Very hard water. Deposits maybe? Wire brush to clean with stem replacement is my hope but was hoping to identify and have parts on hand before diving in. May let this post sit a while and see if I get lucky

Strictly cold side. Very hard water. Deposits maybe? Wire brush to clean with stem replacement is my hope but was hoping to identify and have parts on hand before diving in. May let this post sit a while and see if I get lucky

could be in the stop valve below.

Could be the cartridge in the faucet.

Might be a collapsed/ kinked hose leading cold valve to the spout tee

I’d start at the stop valve and work my way up

could be in the stop valve below.

Could be the cartridge in the faucet.

Might be a collapsed/ kinked hose leading cold valve to the spout tee

I’d start at the stop valve and work my way up
The cold side is spurting when first opened as if it's losing water pressure and draining back. Cartridge or stem should solve this as it should hold pressure to prevent back feeding from single lever faucets elsewhere throughout the home. Just hoping for identification if possible. Pulling stem may be the only way to identify, unfortunately.

The cold side is spurting when first opened as if it's losing water pressure and draining back. Cartridge or stem should solve this as it should hold pressure to prevent back feeding from single lever faucets elsewhere throughout the home. Just hoping for identification if possible. Pulling stem may be the only way to identify, unfortunately.

Im sorry I’m not following you. Good luck though 👍

Here's my non professional practical advice having messed with trying to find parts like this (and get suckered into doing it again and again and again each time).

This looks like a bathroom sink. If it's not critical to be operational then start by trying the shutoffs to see if they work reliably. Then pull the faucet apart and see what you have for cartridges.

And here's the big pivot, chances are you'll have no clue, there's no markings, and you'll now spend the next week screwing around trying to research it. If it isn't immediately obvious bring the part with you to whatever store or supply house you go to and know that since it wasn't obvious you are already at a 50/50 at best proposition of ever finding the right part. Actually it may be more like 90/10 of not finding the right part.

With that in mind, If it's still not obvious to anyone else at the store or supply house, then save your time and sanity and just BUY a new faucet and some new shutoff valves and supply lines if applicable.

In my non professional practical dealings there are really just 4 choices in brands for the replacement, assuming you want to service the thing and not start over again next time! Those choices in my order of preference are: Moen, Delta, Kohler, or Hans Grohe.

Even the last one is a tossup since you'll be contacting them for parts usually but their service is often quite good.

*PS* If the shutoffs don't work well then obviously shutoff the house and spend no more than 15 minutes trying to get the stems out. The moment the watch hits 15 minutes, stop, and see the bit about buying a new faucet above. Don't worry, had you gotten the stem out immediately it's likely you would have run around the store for 15 minutes trying to match it anyway. As long as you stop the madness at 15 minutes when disassembling you will get your time back if you do what I suggest which is to stop and get a new faucet.

The faucet is an Altmans and it’s the Scarab model.

Back