Help identifying shower faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

draw

Reaction score
I have been renovating our main bathroom, with the help of a contractor and professional plumber. Before finishing the tile work, the plumber advised that the shower faucet was in good shape and, if we ever wanted to replace the trim, we shouldn't have any major problems. So we went ahead and finished the tile, while looking for trim pieces that would work. Unfortunately, no one seems able to identify the manufacturer, and there are no names on any of the pieces (handle, flange or collet).

Can anyone identify who makes this particular faucet? (sorry for the flipped image) Age is estimated at 10-15 years.

IMG_7790.jpg

Could be a Price Pfister pp 974-170 or 974-570 but not sure.

Take off the chrome cap.

Are there 3 visible screws hidden by the cap that might be holding the cartridge in?
Kohler I think also make a similar cartridge.
Probably going to have to pull it to know for sure.
Maybe a picture of the handle and trim might help.

IMG_7790.jpg

Last edited:
Koehler was my first thought. But a few manufactures use a very similar cartridge.

Take the cartridge out and have a look at it. Koehler puts their name on most of their parts. If nothing is there, post pics of all sides of the cartridge

Thanks, removing the cartridge solved the Riddle. Belanger 9AC010. Now to see if I can find some new trim pieces.

Cheers,

Back