Help!! Clawfoot Tub Wall Faucet Plumbing!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

presidentsdad

Reaction score
Hey all...
I need some help. I have a wall in my new bathroom with 1/2" copper piping. I had planned to hook up a Delta shower valve on one side of the wall for the shower, with a diverter, body jets, hand shower and rain head. On the other side of the same wall, I had planned to install a wall mounted tub filler. Most of the one's I have seen look like an old telephone and have some sort of threaded elbows that attach to the water supply within the wall and then those elbows adjust slightly left and right and hook up to the actual faucet. My problem is you have to have access to the back of the wall to install them. Could I use something like the following in which to sort of "rough" plumb it and then simply screw the faucet elbows into this apparatus after I finish the wall? See the link below to know what I'm talking about. If this will not work, what SHOULD I use??

90 Deg. Reducer Elbow - Close Ruff - Copper Fittings

Would this style be more useful to you?

l_P0970C.jpg

The phone thingy is actually a hand held shower for final rinse. It can be had without if desired.

This model has the mixing valve feature contained.

That's exactly what I'm looking at, but the "wall" connections look more like they need flex line, which I would NEVER put behind a closed wall. How does this particular one hook up to the water lines?

Back