Hello from Newfoundland Canada

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason.buist

Reaction score
Hey all, happy to find this plumbing forum, I bought an older home last August (first time homebuyer), two bathrooms and an en suite.. the bathroom downstairs has an old ball type faucet I am trying to find a replacement for and the bathtub shower (wall insert?) is aging. Upstairs is a doozy, has a jacuzzi tub...instead of a standard tub and shower and the bedroom en suite bathroom is about the size of a large casket... a claustrophobic nightmare.. this is my first home and I did not evaluate it sufficiently.. my fiancé and I bid on the home from a cabin while piss eyed drunk.. enough about my stupidity. My goals:

1. Simply replace the faucet downstairs with a trim kit that hopefully uses the ball type - I cant easily get to the plumbing
2. Upstairs bathroom.. I would like to remove the jacuzzi, install a standard tub and shower faucet / spigot (this is the most ambitious, I have my doubts)
3. The en suite bathroom.. I am going to demolish and extend the adjacent closet into a large walk in closet

No urgency - hoping to chip away at getting all this done over the next 2-3 years. I'm an electrical engineer / IT technician so I'm fairly good with following directions, can solder (poorly) and am cautious enough not to 'blow the place up' :)

Great to find a resource like this place.

Jason

p.s. if anyone needs IT advice - it's my only barter option haha cheers🍺

Ya I plan on taking some photos once I get cracking on the points above, this was just a quick (long) intro lol. I'll probably make a thread per each of the numbered points as I start them.

I do have one thread started, regarding the ball type faucet, I'll snap a picture - the post is here

Latest posts

Back