Heating sustem pipework

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lloyd302

Reaction score
Hi I'm installing a heating system in an old cottage house, pipework runs are all over the place,
Is it a ok if the flow and returns are all over the place as long as the radiators are balanced?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

I'm fitting an electric boiler with both flow and returns so a 2 pipe system

I mean by all over the place,

I have flow and returns branching off all over rather than a main 22mm circuit

All systems must have a feed and return. A two pipe system is when both a feed and return line are run around the perimeter of the home. With tees on both lines were they are the closest to each radiator. These branches must be as short as possible. A one pipe system is one pipe runs around the perimeter of the home. With two tees at each radiator, one being a venturi tee. A loop system is done with no main. You loop from one radiator to another. Loop systems should not be used with cast iron radiators.

This is what I am saying it is impossible to run a flow and return around the perimeter so I am branching off and running them down from the loft 15 mm to each radiator, so with balancing of the system this shouldn't be an issue right?

Latest posts

Back