Hansgrohe Shower Wall Issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turnbucket

Reaction score
I bought a new house and found that the contractors installed the hot and cold water hoses backwards in my shower. This is a problem for my hansgrohe thermostatic cartridge because it is expecting the correct hot and cold water configuration. With the hot and cold being reversed, I can only take a hot shower, or a cold shower. I cannot balance the water to warm. The only advice I was able to receive from Hansgrohe (via email) was to switch the hoses behind tile wall. That is too big of a project for a small-time handyman like myself. Does anyone know of an easier way to switch the hoses? They don't seem to disconnect from the valve in the picture. Thanks.

IMG_20150622_173132.jpg

The unit gets fed with water somewhere. A branch, somewhere outside the unit comes into those flex pipes. Is there any piping exposed where cross those, instead of trying to loosen the flex hoses and cross them over

There is no access panel for this shower. The piping that the hoses are attached to are behind the tiled wall. The only thing I can think of is that if I remove the whole shower wall that maybe there is opening behind it to reverse the hot and cold.

IMG_20150629_131011840_HDR.jpg

I believe I mispoke -

I said this -"The only thing I can think of is that if I remove the whole shower wall "

I meant to say -"The only thing I can think of is that if I remove the whole shower wall unit that maybe there is an opening behind it to reverse the hot and cold."

To answer your question - I believe that I can remove the whole shower wall unit. I was trying to prevent doing this because I will have to break the sealant and then reseal and reinstall everything again. Oh well.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back