Guarantee for work done, everyone.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baird1971

Reaction score
Wondering what kind of guarantee everyone offers there customer for drain cleaning and hyrojetting, if any? Please help.
Nick

As a consumer, the drain cleaner I use gives me a 90 day guarantee. I have never had hydrojetting done, but I can bet it would make my pipes cleaner than a whistle!

What is Lmao? A word of advice when corresponding with customers spell things out. Text slang won't make a very good impression.
Just my opinion. :D

John

Last edited:
So I take it not many of you give a guarantee with drain cleaning?????

Without using a camera you have no way of knowing what caused the original stoppage.
(broken line, back pitched line) You could clear the stoppage and the costumer could flush a diaper before you get to your next call. You have to take each callback on a case to case bases. Use your own judgement. Sometimes to keep a happy costumer you have to bite the bullet and give them a freebee.

John

I charge by the hour for drain cleaning, no flat rate.

I take the time to rod the line back and forth several times through the problem area, and run plenty of water/toilet paper before I call the job done. I want to make sure that I remove all of the clog. I don't spend the extra time to run up the customer's bill, I spend the extra time to make sure I do a complete cleaning job. If everything feels good, everything drains fine, then on a power rodding (not a closet augering) I offer 6 months. Eventually, I will have to come back and reclean a problem line for free that I didn't catch the first time, but a happy and satisfied customer is the cheapest advertisement, IMO.

Now if I can feel problems down there, am pulling back dirt, lots of roots, etc, and the customer doesn't want to investigate further, I would explain the situation to them, and they would get a much shorter warranty. I am not willing to take a soaking because they want to cheap out.

Latest posts

Back