Grohe faucet water supply lines leaking

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronklyn

Reaction score
I purchased a new, pretty nice Grohe faucet. The water supply lines are too short to reach the valves so I am connecting 12 inch 3/8 lines so they can reach. I am having issues with the ends of the grohe lines leaking. The water is leaking out from right above the nut on the Grohe part, after looking inside there is no washer or rubber at all so the connection is metal on metal.

I went to home depot and had two of the plumbing guys stumped as well. They said the grohe faucet might be missing the gasket that would usually be inside the end of the line... Has anyone run into this? is it really strange that the Grohe line has absolutely no rubber for sealing inside the end of the line? Pics attached showing the lines connected, and the inside of the Grohe line

Screen Shot 2015-01-06 at 9.20.13 AM.jpg

IMG_1065.JPG

Hi - I am screwing it into a regular 3/8 compression supply line

I think it is strange that the Grohe line has no rubber at all in the end. Shouldn't it have a gasket of some sort so it can seal? I haven't looked at a faucet supply line before so I don't know for sure...

a compression supply line is female, you have two ends that are female.

inless its morphidite, there has to be a male around.???

what i am getting at. is the groen supply is female compression

it can not screw into a ips pipe thread it has to screw into a compression male end. the threads and seat are different

am i way off base? cause i cant see it with that little avatar looking picture

looks like you took it using my sorry azz phone. its crap[ my phone]

The line I am trying to connect the faucet line to is male. Attached is a pic of what I am connecting the female faucet line to

image.jpg

Nothing about a type of thread... Here is a pic of the tag on the supply line I sm using

image.jpg

Not sure what a OD Delta is but what is the pink in the top photo? Are you using pink tape? Don't use any tape. The metal cone in the Grohe end is supposed to seal like a ferrule on a tube into the brass fitting. no tape required. the seal is the cone , Not on the threads.
Does that brass end connect easily to the other end of the same supply connected to the valve

I first tried with Teflon paste and it leaked. Then with the tape and it leaked. Will try with nothing and see if it works...

use 2 open end wrenches. one on the nut and the other to hold the hex on the brass fitting.

Don't break a nail. ;)

Last edited:
I was on hold for 12 minutes then opted to leave a message. They said they reply in 24 hrs but have not heard back. Also left an email. I'm thinking maybe I need to just return this one- but I really don't want to!!

23042002 eurostyle cosmopolitan one hole single handle low arc in starlit chrome

Nice faucet. sorry can't find enough info to help any further

i googled 3/8 comp x 3/8 od delta

that end is the wrong thread , its ips. it is used to screw into a delta valve body.

go buy , you need. 2-- 3/8" fip x 3/8'' compression brass adapters

take your hoses with you, so the pimple face "professional" will not steer you wrong

Thank you for the solution - going to find adapters right now.

After thinking about this for a sec - don't I need a MIP end to go into the grohe supply line, and then a female end to connect to the valve?

Back