Grey water tank flat stock end piece attachment

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noercarr01

Reaction score
I have a 4 ft. piece of 8" PVC that I'll be mounting under my sprinter van for a gray water tank. I did not want to spend $50 for caps, so I heated up another foot long piece and clamped it flat and cut it in half so I now have two end pieces.

As straight as my cuts are and as flat as I got the end pieces, it's obviously still not a perfect fit. What would be my best method of attaching those two end pieces while still being water tight? It obviously won't be pressurized but it will be driven around on bumpy roads.

Epoxy and waterproof tape?

Also looking for the best way to add a drain at the "lowest point", without having it be "under" the pipe. I need to not add anything lower to maximize clearance.

I ended up heating and clamping flat pipes as mentioned above, worked great, just get it super hot. Bought marine grade 2 part epoxy and left undisturbed for 24 hours and it sealed water tight - no need for additional caulking/tape. If it does ever leak, I'd add more epoxy as it did a great job, just leave it undisturbed while it dries.

I was able to seat the fitting at a very low point, basically touching the inside of the pipe, and tested how much was left after normal draining and it was minimal, maybe a liter left total?

Put a shut-off and a flexible 3/4 pipe on the end fitting and think it should work great. I've yet to off road stress test it yet.
26baf56293efb930e344debc3e1283d9.jpg
6f572af2ab15090f6bb89a2dc99a2143.jpg

Back