Greetings from the Swamp

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Very glad this forum is here - have already received good advice/info worth way more than the 19.95/year.

I'm on Johns Island, S.C. outside of Charleston. Many (many, many) years ago I worked as a plumber's helper - learned enough to know what things are called and what not to mess with. I know a little basic stuff - I can sweat copper, thread galvanized pipe, cut cast iron with chain cutters (do they still do that?), and dig ditches. Everything else I'll need help with.

I recently bought a pex crimper but have yet to use it - I am old, so it is still a newfangled devil's plaything to me. :)

Yeah, I cut cast iron and clay pipe with my chain cutters. Have to be careful with the cast iron, sometimes it’ll crush as it gets old.

Pex is child’s play, literally. My little kids know how to crimp and fit pex and they’re under 10 yrs old.

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for the support. it helps keep the lights on in here.

(By the way, everyone associated with this forum are only volunteers, and there are no paid positions)

Welcome to the site. I just sold my Rigid cast iron chain snappers on Saturday. When your retired there are
certain things that you just don't want to do anymore. Cutting cast iron is one.

Welcome to the site. I just sold my Rigid cast iron chain snappers on Saturday. When your retired there are
certain things that you just don't want to do anymore. Cutting cast iron is one.
What kind/type did you have and how much did you get for them ?

Latest posts

Back