General questions

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredunternahrer08

Reaction score
I am putting a new bathroom in my the second story of my house and i have several questions
1.) what size drain pipe do i need to run from my toilet and also from the sink and shower... i was thinking 3" pipe from the toilet and then 1 1/2" pipe from the sink and shower
2.) can i join all of those drains together before they drop down to the basement or do i need to keep them separate... if i can run them together what size pipe do i need to run from the basement up to the second story
3.) what size pipe do i need for my hot and cold water supply lines

3" for the toilet. 2" for the shower. 1-1/2" for the sink. They can be joined together. A 3" line will handle all three fixtures. As far as the water lines 3/4" with 1/2' branches to each fixture. You do realize that each fixture must also be vented. There is a lot more involved with piping a new bath then just sizing the pipe.

John

Yeah i know. i will have a lot more questions on here before this project is over i just wanted to get started and at least get my pipes run up from the basement then i will go from there. Before i cover anything up though i am gonna have a plumber come over and inspect it just to make sure everything is code on it. I am still in the planning stages of this thing

Latest posts

Back