Frozen Pex?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard_25

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to join the community and this is my first post. I hope to get some advice that will help me troubleshoot.

My toilet stopped flushing and I know for a fact is due to the water pipe that is connected to the toilet. See "picture 1" - the hose is disconnected and is turned to "on" position but no water is coming out.

Toronto weather has been above -20 degrees Celsius the past week and because my washroom use to be a cold cellar. All my experience handy friends think is due to frozen pex pipe.

I have a sink right next to the toilet and both the cold and hot water is working. Since the cold weather did not seem to bother the sink pipe, I had a friend helped to install a bypass - we ran pex from sink cold water pipe making a T connection to toilet and toilet started working - see "picture 2" and "picture 3"

Toilet worked for 1 day and now both the sink cold water and toilet pipe stopped working altogether. I now starting to think that is not frozen pipe at all. Sink was working fine during the coldest days of the week until we install a T connection. However it did work for 1 day, it just stopped working today. Today it stopped working and wasn't even the coldest day of this week. If is frozen pipe, then the sink pipe should of stopped working last week at the same time the toilet stopped working. It seems like everything connected to the toilet stops working. Sink hot water still working. Anyone has an idea what the heck is wrong? I also attached a pre-construction picture of the cold cellar, which is now a washroom. You can see the pipe for sink and toilet are next to each other.

Thanks in advance

pl1.jpg

pl2.jpg

pl3.jpg

pl4.jpg

Latest posts

Back