Fridge Water Dispenser

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charger1

Reaction score
Weird issue. I few months ago when I went to get water it just trickled out. Removed the water filter and put the bypass plug in and it did the same thing. Eventually the water came back out like normal. Recently it started up again. The ice maker runs normal. This is were the weird part is.....if I turn on my kitchen faucet and either leave it on or run it for 3-5 seconds and turn it off the water cones out normal from the fridge. Also if a toilet is flushed the water comes out normal.

Tried doing a search and only found 2 other incidents others have had but no resolution was ever provided, One of them replaced everything there was on the fridge but he said it didn't resolve it. Not sure if it would be a water pressure issue because one would think that by running the sink it would drop the pressure even more.

I have a GE Profile PFSS6PKWBSS

Any thoughts?

My guess is the tap is going bad. I never did like those valves. To many ways it can fail or foul. If you are able I would put in a dedicated valve in its place. I would feel pretty certain that this would solve your problem. Water connection boxes with a shock arresters are the best in my opinion if you are able to put one in but they are not necessary in all cases.

Saddle valve was replaced with no change.

My next question is in regards to the water valve. The valve has 2 terminals (1 for ice maker and 1 for water dispenser). If I meter the posts on the ice maker it comes in around 180. If I meter the water dispenser posts nothing registers. I ordered a replacement and before installing I metered that one and it meters the exact same. Should the water dispenser leads meter anything at all? Weird that the replacement meters the exact same. For what it's worth, the ice side shows 35W and the water side shows 20W on the part itself.

Last thing I might have to try is to disconnect the water line and drop it back down to the crawl space and check the water flow out of it.

Issue resolved (sort of). Replaced the water valve with no change. Pressure was fine.

Issue ended up being the part that the water filter connects to. There's a little nipple that sticks down and when you turn the filter on it pushes that nipple up which releases the water. Not sure if it's the filters they're sending out or not but it isn't pushing that nipple up all the way. Resolution was to either spend the $140 to replace that part or install, in my case, two ten cent washers. So now when I turn the filter on it pushes the washers up and I now have water coming out probably faster than it ever has.

Issue resolved (sort of). Replaced the water valve with no change. Pressure was fine.

Issue ended up being the part that the water filter connects to. There's a little nipple that sticks down and when you turn the filter on it pushes that nipple up which releases the water. Not sure if it's the filters they're sending out or not but it isn't pushing that nipple up all the way. Resolution was to either spend the $140 to replace that part or install, in my case, two ten cent washers. So now when I turn the filter on it pushes the washers up and I now have water coming out probably faster than it ever has.

your welcome, i am glad my link helped out

now that I saved you $140.00 ..how about donating some to the site.
takes money to keep the lights on

your welcome, i am glad my link helped out

now that I saved you $140.00 ..how about donating some to the site.
takes money to keep the lights on

As much as I appreciate those that gave input to try and assist me, maybe you didn't read what I said resolved my issue as the solution was not in your video.

For any future reference for others here was the solution.....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjShdHoiiJw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjShdHoiiJw[/ame]

Last edited:
Back