Fluidmaster Fill Valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robtpenn

Reaction score
First post. Sorry if this is not the correct forum. I have a Fluidmaster fill valve in my toilet. It flushes fine after I cleaned the jets and it fills the tank fine. However, after it flushes and fills the tank, the water in the tank very slowly continues to rise over the course of about 3 to 4 hours until it begins to very slowly overflow. Ajusting the screw attached to the tank only adjusts the water level after the flush. I've read a number of places, incl here, that you should adjust the fill valve down. It is my understanding that can be done without removing the fill valve but I cannot get it to move. There is a metal or plastic ring that twists but does not really seem to move the fill valve. The shaft does not seem to turn to move it either. Any suggestions? Thanks

Sounds like your fill valve or the fill valve seal is bad. If the fill valve is new clean or replace the seal, if the fill valve is two or more years replace the fill valve.

If its the kind with the metal rod, just replace it, it's its the plastic to you can replace the diaphragm in the top portion of fill valve

Latest posts

Back