Floor Drain Backup

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joes2241

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I got a question, i have two floor drains that are backing up (they have backed up twice), one in my basement, one in my garage. They have backed up when draining the bath tub once and once when doing laundry. I have another floor drain in my driveway which has not backed up yet, but i believe that drain sits a little higher than the other two, or maybe the clog is not that far up...

I hear air bubbles coming up from my downstairs toilet when the tub is draining some times.

I attached a diagram of all the drains connecting two the main line, the pipe underground is just a guess based on all the drains connecting to it. if this can be a DIY project, any idea where i would start first when looking for my clog?

also i do not have a septic tank

Untitled.png

according to your drawing the partial blockage is most likely in the yard with roots.

to pin point the clog, you need to put a camera in your sewer, this will not only locate the line,

and let you know where the blockage is, it will also let you see and inspect the condition of your pipes

column.jpg

My pipe goes up the driveway to the sewer. My plumber buddy came over yesterday.

He knows the clog is after the clean out in the driveway, he says there is usually a trap right after that clean out and my clog is probably there. He is going to come back on Wednesday when he has his tools

wish me luck

Back