"Float Valves"?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burgboy

Reaction score
Is there a device that will allow me to have a high capacity reservoir at high elevation and fill a lower capacity reservoir below it until reaches a certain point and the water height on the lower tank closes the valve and prevents more water?

Is there a device that will allow me to have a high capacity reservoir at high elevation and fill a lower capacity reservoir below it until reaches a certain point and the water height on the lower tank closes the valve and prevents more water?

Tell us more about this contraption you trying to build.

You need to be more specific. I did this with a powered 2" ball valve and a couple of bilge pump switches, as the pressure at the lower elevation wasn't enough to hold a normal float valve closed.
Depending on your flow requirements you could use a toilet tank fill valve, they have enough hysteresis to turn on and off properly, though they don't have much flow...
How much water is in the upper and lower reservoirs, what's the pipe between them, what are you using the water for, what are your daily flow requirements, do you have some kind of failsafe or backup (well?) requirements?

Clayton Valve, dba Cla-Val. Make all different configurations of hydraulically actuated globe valves From 1-inch and up.

I think the model you would need is a 100-01. But it has been a few years and it may have changed.

if you have power available you could use a float switch, and a sprinkler valve.

Back