Fixing badly installed French drain discharge fitting /backwater valve in basement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigp

Reaction score
Guys, I have been having basement humidity issue with my house since 2 years ago when we bought it. Bamboo floor cupped with blisters and those on one side of the house much darker than those on the other. As it is getting worse and worse, I decided to rip open the floor to check. The floor planks all have mold on the bottom.......

Checking 3 drainage fittings in the floor, I saw two of them actually installed too low and we're not sealed with cement to the floor. Even the gravel backfilled under the basement floor are exposed. I suspect that void released constantly damp air to the underneath of my subfloor and when water level rises, water came in from underneath the concrete floor through the holes and flooded my basement. Now it is all open, how should I fix them? Can't raise them, maybe pour more cement to seal it? Any suggestions will be tremendous appreciated.

drainage fittings.jpg

No 1.jpg

No 1 close up.jpg

No 2.jpg

No 2 close up.jpg

Latest posts

Back