Finding an elusive washer

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shabangle

Reaction score
Hi All,

My bath started leaking recently, and when I unscrewed the spring loaded plug, I could see the washer had split due to wear and tear.

Measuring the old washer gave me an outer diameter of 52mm and the thread of the screw for the plug gives an inner diameter of 30mm.

I've tried to source replacements - I tried this one first: Rubber Washer Seal for Bath Pop Up Plug - 74000002 but the inner diameter of 30.5mm was just too wide for the thread so it dropped out and wouldn't seal, despite the shape being ideal.

I then tried this: O RING ( SEAL ) FOR BASIN MUSHROOM CLICKER WASTE | eBay but the shape wasn't ideal, outer diameter WAY too small. The inner diameter was too small, but it stretched round.

Can anyone advise on this? From my searches so far there doesn't appear to be a universal size. I'm already £10 down and would like to avoid changing the whole unit if I can.

For what it's worth, the Bath is a Twyford Envy, with a Waterworks Spring Loaded Bath Waste... all installed in 2004! (Found the sales record from my house's previous owner).

Thanks as always for any help, I'm a total newbie to this but would have hoped changing a washer would have been simple!!

Cheers,
Andy

Thanks, okay I'll give Waterworks a call - I don't have a part reference so wasn't optimistic that a system from 2004 would be straightforward, but let's see :)

I was hoping I was missing a simple trick, but it seems these parts aren't universal or standardised etc

Cheers all
Andy

Back