field lines

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe44

Reaction score
I was probing to find out location of field lines. Found about 30' of sch 40 pvc, by digging holes every so often. Probed about another 3' from last hole and air starting coming out of ground. It was hissing for about 30 sec. I guess I put a hole in the field line? Ended up digging hole 2' 30'' deep, and water came out a little. About a gallon in a 1 1/2 hours. Tank was flooded over the outlet pipe. Since I found it about 4' lower than outlet, should this have filled up with water?

I was probing to find out location of field lines.

Found about 30' of sch 40 pvc, by digging holes every so often.

Probed about another 3' from last hole and air starting coming out of ground. It was hissing for about 30 sec. I guess I put a hole in the field line?

Possibly trapped methane gas? Did you actually crack/puncture the PVC?

Goes On To Say- said:
Ended up digging hole 2' 30'' deep, and water came out a little. About a gallon in a 1 1/2 hours. Tank was flooded over the outlet pipe. Since I found it about 4' lower than outlet, should this have filled up with water?

The effluent is distributed from the septic tank to the field line(s) via the distribution box to be absorbed into the leach field.

If the tank is actually backing up, you need to find the problem/blockage. It (tank) may also be due for a pumping out (accumulated sludge).

Back