Faucet leak

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It did leak the very first time I used it and I reached out to him right away. That’s when he said “give it a little longer to see if it stops”. I tried it 2 more times that same evening and notified him first thing the next morning it was still happening. That’s when he came back the secon LC time and told me about the possible water pressure issue. Second time he was here he never touched it. Just automatically went to saying it was the water pressure but this leak is a major difference than what was going out of my old spout. The old spout was a single drip. Even overnight it had only accumulated maybe 4 ounces of water before this guy did this “repair”. Just doesn’t seem to be adding up to me.

I appreciate your response though!

Ok then ask for a refund for the spout work. Hire another plumber to correct the spout and lower your water pressure.

If you don’t have any damage that’s about all that can be done. We can’t put the guy in jail 🤣

It did leak the very first time I used it and I reached out to him right away. That’s when he said “give it a little longer to see if it stops”. I tried it 2 more times that same evening and notified him first thing the next morning it was still happening. That’s when he came back the secon LC time and told me about the possible water pressure issue. Second time he was here he never touched it. Just automatically went to saying it was the water pressure but this leak is a major difference than what was going out of my old spout. The old spout was a single drip. Even overnight it had only accumulated maybe 4 ounces of water before this guy did this “repair”. Just doesn’t seem to be adding up to me.

I appreciate your response though!
Ok then ask for a refund for the spout work. Hire another plumber to correct the spout and lower your water pressure.

Honestly that spout shouldn’t have leaked at 100 psi or better. I have customers that have 125 psi and their spouts don’t leak. There’s a whole neighborhood here that’s way over pressured and the homeowners there all like it…..🤣

Honestly that spout shouldn’t have leaked at 100 psi or better. I have customers that have 125 psi and their spouts don’t leak. There’s a whole neighborhood here that’s way over pressured and the homeowners there all like it…..🤣
I figured as much after doing some online research since this mess happened! You guys have been wonderful though with your responses! Greatly appreciate y’all!!

If you are on city water, call your city to see if they offer free pressure reducing valves. My city provides and installs PRV for anyone, since the increase of homes in my area, they have needed to raise the pump pressures, and why they are free of charge here.

If you are on city water, call your city to see if they offer free pressure reducing valves. My city provides and installs PRV for anyone, since the increase of homes in my area, they have needed to raise the pump pressures, and why they are free of charge here.
That would be fantastic! I will outreach to ours today!

Thanks!!

DIY’er here but the fact that the water is pouring out of the access hole in the back of the spout is 99 & 44/100th percent an indication of a bad installation and not high water pressure. Are there other indications of high water pressure such as other leaks, etc? Did he test it to your satisfaction before he left? If he did test it for you and there were no leaks than that’s possibly a warranty issue and not necessarily a workmanship issue..

DIY’er here but the fact that the water is pouring out of the access hole in the back of the spout is 99 & 44/100th percent an indication of a bad installation and not high water pressure. Are there other indications of high water pressure such as other leaks, etc? Did he test it to your satisfaction before he left? If he did test it for you and there were no leaks than that’s possibly a warranty issue and not necessarily a workmanship issue..
So actually, when he completed the work the first time, he didn’t even offer to test it for me to see! I asked him for us to go look at it. That’s when he said not to turn it on for approximately 6 hrs to let the caulk dry which I thought was reasonable and I waited til the next day (beyond 24 hrs) to make sure it had cured. When I had him come back the only thing he did was stand in the bathroom and told me it was normal for the water to come out of that hole in the bottom of the spout because that’s what it needed to do to not go behind the wall. He didn’t offer to show me or do anything else because it was “fine”. Ugh.

Hey guys!

Just wanted to come back and give you news on the outcome of my issue. I had a new company come out with a plumber who was actually knowledgeable and he fixed the job quickly. He said the copper stub had been severely dented by the first guy. And my water pressure turned out only to be 82.

Based on all of your responses and my new proof from the second company I sent a letter to the first guy demanding a refund for the cost of the second job. Guess what? Got the money refunded without any issue!

Thank you all for the info and help!

Hey guys!

Just wanted to come back and give you news on the outcome of my issue. I had a new company come out with a plumber who was actually knowledgeable and he fixed the job quickly. He said the copper stub had been severely dented by the first guy. And my water pressure turned out only to be 82.

Based on all of your responses and my new proof from the second company I sent a letter to the first guy demanding a refund for the cost of the second job. Guess what? Got the money refunded without any issue!

Thank you all for the info and help!
It's always nice for someone to come back and "tie the ribbon on the package" particularly when it's a positive outcome.

Back