Extending toilet waste pipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattMan

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is it possible to get a fitting that would allow me to raise a toilet waste pipe 4-6" up without having to hammer out concrete and cut pipe, etc. Need to raise a toilet for a disabled man 4-6 inches higher than the tallest toilet I can find which is in the 18-19" range.

Thanks much,

Matt

That is alot of work and expense. I would recommend the toilet seat extension and built in grab bars, which is what I did for my elderly father. Once he passed away, it was easily converted back to normal. Most medical supply facilities have them in stock.

He doesn't want that. He wants the whole toilet raised, initially by pouring concrete and tiling it to match, but I will build out of wood and concrete board and tile so it could be removed if ever sold and made back normal again.

For the sake of argument, let's say I am experienced enough, what's the solution.

A 3" coupling will glue inside of a 4" pipe. Then a short piece of 3" pipe with a new flange glued onto that. Removing the old flange from the inside of the 4" pipe is the hardest part.

MattMan said:
For the sake of argument, let's say I am experienced enough, what's the solution.

I did one for my grandparents took a 2x12 treated traced toilet onto wood and cut 2 like pcs and cut hole through ctr . Bolted pc to floor then second pc then reset toilet covered wood with linoleum glued 3" coupling into 4" pipe extended 3" pipe installed new flange

Latest posts

Back