ERWF271 and brass-to-plastic fittings

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kotterr

Reaction score
I bought a ERWF271 filter, which comes with special metallic thread fittings which screw into the filter on both ends.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G2THQO6/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

See the fittings in the picture. So one end is no problem because I just screw a fitting from the water supply into the filter.

But what about the other end where I need to insert a polyethylene (1/4 inch OD) tube into it? So I put one end of the metal fitting that comes with it into the filter, putting teflon tape on it to prevent leaks. I can also put teflon tape on the other end of that fitting where the "cap" goes on, but what about the space between the P/E tube and the little metal "ring" between the "cap" and the fitting? What goes in there to prevent leaks?

Last edited by a moderator:
use a nylon compression ferrule and an insert like this one. Instead of the brass one that come with the fitting

untitled.png

Mr David is correct, the adapter "ferrule" also know as a "olive" or compression ring you were given with your filter is for joining copper tubing to the filter, you must buy the plastic or poly ferrule's at the hardware store for plastic pipe.

using the brass ones will cut the plastic pipe and cause a leak

Mr David is correct, the adapter "ferrule" also know as a "olive" or compression ring you were given with your filter is for joining copper tubing to the filter, you must buy the plastic or poly ferrule's at the hardware store for plastic pipe.

using the brass ones will cut the plastic pipe and cause a leak

Where can I buy it online? What is the correct size that I need?

Latest posts

Back